How to eat powder glucosamine

Topics dealing with other supplements besides MSM

How to eat powder glucosamine

Postby dimakern » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Any recommendations? Dissolve it in water (is it water-soluble? Would it be disgusting?)? Or mix it in with food? What type of food?

I'd like to buy powder glucosamine because it's way cheaper than buying capsules, but worried that it'd be too hard to consume.

I've been mixing MSM into warm water nicely, but suspect glucosamine won't be quite so soluble.
dimakern

Re: How to eat powder glucosamine

Postby pcnetwrx » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

I agree that glucosamine tastes pretty nasty. And while I can't speak from direct experience with taking the glucosamine powder (other than just tasting it), I am fairly certain it will at least stay suspended in liquid long enough to drink it. And cherry juice seems to have the best disguising ability of the juices I have tried for taking other powdered supplements, so you may want to try that. I'm not sure how our other customers take it, but we seem to sell quite a bit of it and have many repeat customers buying it so they must be managing somehow. If nothing else, you can use my method of taking MSM which is to swirl it in a small amount of water and then just chug it undissolved and get it over with. Then if necessary, chase it with something to get rid of the taste.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to Supplement Forum