dosage

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

dosage

Postby RONI » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi I am new here and have a question.
I have been taking the MSM for about 1 week for stomach problems
like heartburn and food feeling like it is hung in my chest and choking me
anyway I can already see an improvement so I am excited about this product.
My question is how much to take ? Right now I take a HEAPING teaspoon
in the a.m is this enough ? I do prefer to take only once a day for the sake of forgetting it. I take the powder and then chase with water.
Any help would be appreciated. :lol:
Roni
RONI

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi RONI..... Welcome to the board.

I don't think anyone can really tell you what is the proper dose to do what you wish it to do.
It all depends upon your particular metabolism and how you react to different substances.
In a way it's like asking "how much food do I need to eat to be full?"
I think you started out with a little higher dose than is recommended for the first time but if it is working then that is great.
I would say the correct amount for you...or anyone else... is the least amount at which you feel relief from your condition.
You can experiment with higher and lower doses and see what seems to fit you best.

Good luck.
Greg

Postby pcnetwrx » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:52 am

Greg explained it very well. It could well be that a heaping teaspoon or just a little bit more will be all you need, but if you gradually go up to higher amounts, you may find that other things that you don't expect get addressed and there may be other positive results.

It really sounds like you may also have a hiatel hernia with part of your stomach pushed up above your diaphragm. In addition to the MSM, I would recommend that you make a fist, place it on your chest right at the bottom of your sternum (breastbone), and push in and slide it down at the same time. This may be uncomfortable to do at first, but you may be able to push your stomach back down to where it should be. Repeat this several times a day. I even feel a "pop" when I do this and then I know I have been successful in getting my stomach back in place, and I always feel better afterward.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

thanks for the replys

Postby RONI » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:17 am

thank you for your replys, I will try pushing my stomach back into place
I have never heard that before...worth a try.
Roni
RONI

Postby c-kat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:01 pm

How quickly can you up the dose?

I started on 500mg, one week later upped it to 1000mg and then today 1500mg. In the beginning the detox was unpleasant but now its better -- can I increase the dose every 3 or 4 days instead of every week?

I figure I'll need a failry high dose as I'm using it for a number of symptoms.
c-kat

Postby pcnetwrx » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:08 pm

c-kat wrote:How quickly can you up the dose?

I started on 500mg, one week later upped it to 1000mg and then today 1500mg. In the beginning the detox was unpleasant but now its better -- can I increase the dose every 3 or 4 days instead of every week?

I figure I'll need a failry high dose as I'm using it for a number of symptoms.

We normally say to up the dose once a week by 1000 mg increments or no more than 2000 mg increments. But if you want to accelerate the rate, every 4 days sounds reasonable to me after you have been through the initial detox, which is usually the worst.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use