Is MSM UlTRA Pure Vetenary is it safe for human consumption?

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

Is MSM UlTRA Pure Vetenary is it safe for human consumption?

Postby dawn_quixote » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:04 am

I have tried it for awhile but then became afraid when i read on it for animal use only. What is everyone else taking.....same thing?
dawn_quixote

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:07 am

Why not buy from our site (where this message board is)? Ours is fairly close to the same price from the short amount of looking that I did. Just click on the Home link at the top of the page and then the Order link.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby dawn_quixote » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:32 pm

I saw the products. There is everything anyone could want. I was merely wanting to know if there is any difference? a two pound tube is alot when you already own and paid for it........
thanks anyway
Imagine"John Lennon(Dawn_Quixote)
dawn_quixote

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:04 pm

What is the brand name of the product you purchased and is there a purity statement on the container?
Greg

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Her brand was MSM Ultra Pure and it's mainly sold for horses. I wasn't able to easily see a purity on it from the sites that I found selling it. In most cases, vetrinary formulas would be "pure enough", but you just never know if there isn't a purity specified or a certificate of analysis available. Almost certainly, it would be some sort of Chinese or Indian MSM which is significantly less expensive than US brands.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Thanks Kerry.
When I went here...
http://www.valleyvet.com/swatches/24696_L_xxx_000.jpg
it appears to show silicon dioxide as an ingredient.
I'd say that if you have already been using it for a while like you say then it probably won't hurt you but in the future why not buy the Lignisul or Opti at the same price from someone you can trust.

BTW...Welcome to the board Dawn. :)
Greg

Postby Ron » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:49 pm

I've been using MSM for horses for years with no ill effects. However, if you can get regular MSM for approx. the same $ I would use the made for human consumption brand.
Ron

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use