HI. I am new to this, and need info

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

HI. I am new to this, and need info

Postby hunter5804 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:26 pm

Hello everyone!
I am new to all of this so I need some info. First of all I am a 53 year old male and I was talking to a friend of mine at work today. I told him that I have been having shoulder pain in the damp or cold weather, and that I also seem to have lost some of my energy lately. I love to bicycle and just haven't had as much energy lately. my friend has suggested MSM and said that it has worked wonders with his knee joint pain. He also said that he wouldn't go a day without it. my question is how should I start out . Capsules? powder? How big of a doseage? Any help that you can give would be appreaciated.
Thanks
tom
hunter5804

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed May 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Whether to do powder, granular, or capsules is up to you. Some say granular is the better form, and capsules cost twice as much. As far as dose, and other common questions, check out our FAQ page at http://www.msm-msm.com/faq.html
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Wed May 17, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi hunter5804......welcome to the board.
I would suggest either the powder or granules simply because it's so easy to use in that form. Just mix your dose in a little juice or whatever and toss it down. That's easier than choking down capsules... at least for me anyway. I haven't noticed any difference between the powder and granules as far as effectiveness goes so that's up to you.

As far as shoulder pain goes.... my right shoulder was really getting to the point where it hurt just doing nothing...let alone any movement. I was actually thinking about going to a doctor to check it out but after about three days at two teaspoons it was already feeling better and after about a month it was completely pain free.
I think it's at least worth a try.

Good luck
Greg

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use