Toe Fungus

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

Toe Fungus

Postby fitnesslady2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 pm

Has anyone had experience with toe fungus and MSM? I really would like to hear your input. The insurnace company rather have me take drug that can be damaging to your liver! Imagine that.

fitnesslady
fitnesslady2

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Although I never actually tried to address toe fungus issues, I will have to say that my toenails do look much healthier just by taking MSM internally. I suppose if I were actually trying to address toe fungus, I would probably try both taking MSM internally as well as soaking my feet in MSM water.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:16 pm

I had a mild toe fungus and I used to put caprylic acid on it. It comes in pill form, and I would make a paste out of it and smear it on my toes. Caprylic acid is a coconut oil derivative, and it has anti-fungal properties. I also take it internally--it clears out the candida from my intestines, but it didn't clear the external fungus from my toes.

FYI, if you want to try an internal candida/fungus cleanse, I recommend Fungal Defense followed by Primal Defense (both from Garden of Life). A bit expensive, and worth every penny. It will clean stuff out of you that you didn't know you had, and you only have to be on Fungal Defense for two weeks. (Primal Defense is best for maintenance.)
twalker

I am a Nurse and work in a Nursing home.

Postby dawn_quixote » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:34 am

We have alot of luck soaking the toes...just enough water mixed with appl cider Vinegar to cover the toes.........WORKS GREAT......takes a few tx's but it does work
Imagine"John Lennon(Dawn_Quixote)
dawn_quixote

RE TOE FUNGUS

Postby augsksa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Do NOT use Lamisil - I've read over and over where it is very bad for your liver and I think you have to take the drug for possibly a year before you get results. I've also read that 11 people died from liver failure and 2 had to have liver transplants. I don't remember the time span on this. I have a friend whose son used a q-tip and put mentholatim all around his fungal toe and under the nail for about six months and his fungus finally went away. I know that sounds like a long time, but it's better than something that might possibly harm your liver. I'm sure there are numerous home remedies for this condition.
By the way, I have toenail fungus as well and am going to try the mentholatim. If it doesn't work, at least it won't hurt me.
Good luck.
augsksa

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use