Splitting Dosages

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

Splitting Dosages

Postby fitnesslady2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:49 am

Kerry,

i am working my way up a little slower now, instead of mega doses. When I get up to six, seven etc. can I split this in into 3 in a.m. and 3 in p.m. instead of taking dose all at once. I really didn't what to take 7 caps at one time. Wasn't comfortable taking powder form.

Thanks,

fitnesslady2
fitnesslady2

Re: Splitting Dosages

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:04 pm

fitnesslady2 wrote:Kerry,

i am working my way up a little slower now, instead of mega doses. When I get up to six, seven etc. can I split this in into 3 in a.m. and 3 in p.m. instead of taking dose all at once. I really didn't what to take 7 caps at one time. Wasn't comfortable taking powder form.

Thanks,

fitnesslady2

i take 9 capsules in the morning... is there a benefit to splitting the dosages like this?

Postby pcnetwrx » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:40 pm

You can definitely split what you want to take in two or even three different times--in fact most people do. I take mine all at once because it's more convenient for me that way and I don't have to try to remember more than once a day.

fitnesslady2 wrote:Kerry,

Thanks,

fitnesslady2
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby pcnetwrx » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:43 pm

Some people claim there is a benefit of splitting up the MSM because the body eliminates it so quickly. I have not noticed any actual difference and I have tried it both ways.

Anonymous wrote:
i take 9 capsules in the morning... is there a benefit to splitting the dosages like this?
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Grant » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:07 am

pcnetwrx wrote:Some people claim there is a benefit of splitting up the MSM because the body eliminates it so quickly. I have not noticed any actual difference and I have tried it both ways.

Anonymous wrote:

actually that was me posting earlier, and I guess I forgot to log in.

Kerry, do you know how quickly MSM gets eliminated from the body? If I take 9 pills in the morning, and take a bathroom break after an hour or two, is it completely eliminated from the body?

I pace the dosages of Ester-C that I take, because I know its a time release form, but I wonder if I should just start pacing my MSM usage. No point in mega dosing in the morning if Im going to lose it all that fast. Seems like it would be a waste money.... I mean... I sitll have to build up to 20 pills a day, so I figure Ill just take my bottle to work, and pop 3 pills an hour.

I think ill start trying that... and see how it works out.
Grant

Postby pcnetwrx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:59 am

Kerry, do you know how quickly MSM gets eliminated from the body? If I take 9 pills in the morning, and take a bathroom break after an hour or two, is it completely eliminated from the body?

The number I have always heard is that the body eliminates MSM in about 12 hours, thus the twice a day recommendation. But again, I notice no difference between taking MSM once a day and twice a day--I get the same benefits either way.

I would be very interested in hearing the results (if any) of your hourly experiment.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Grant » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:49 pm

pcnetwrx wrote:

The number I have always heard is that the body eliminates MSM in about 12 hours, thus the twice a day recommendation. But again, I notice no difference between taking MSM once a day and twice a day--I get the same benefits either way.

I would be very interested in hearing the results (if any) of your hourly experiment.

OK, so far, I havent been doing the hourly bit, but I have been taking my MSM pills in about 6 hour intervals and Im about to stop doing that after today.

Why?

Well, I found that I just cant sleep at night when Im taking MSM pills close to bed time. Im in a VERY light sleep, where i feel like im just shutting my eyes for the entire night, rather than actually sleeping!

Ive read on the old message boards that some people just sleep like a rock, and I think my GF is one of those people ( I use my GF as my second guinea pig (im the first one)) .
Grant

Postby fitnesslady2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Grant,

I quit taking my afternoon dose also, because I couldn't sleep at night. I am taking all in the A.M.

fitnesslady
fitnesslady2

Postby Greg » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:55 am

If you are going to split doses and take one at night then I would make sure that it is the very last thing you do before going to sleep. It seems to be easier to fall asleep that way. I often take it at night and have no problem sleeping at all. It actually can help you sleep some times.
I haven't noticed any difference in taking one or two doses. I'm not sure that would be an easy thing to detect unless you are doing some kind of study and testing or are addressing a particular problem that is easy to monitor. I think the Live Blood Study guy says it's best to split but that's just from memory. I would have thought that guy would have signed up already and joined in the conversation.
Greg

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use