New to MSM

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

New to MSM

Postby Odar1330 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello I just bought my first Absolute MSM powder yesterday. I have a rotator cuff injury and could possibly be a tear. I also have an autoimmune disease being diabetes, and under active thyroid and adrenal fatigue.

I started taking the MSM at 1 tspn twice daily -AM /PM.

Is this the correct dosage for me? I am not having any side effects at all and was wondering should I increase it to get more benefit.

Thanks you in advanced.
Donna ( Perth Western Australia)
Odar1330

Re: New to MSM

Postby pcnetwrx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Although I am not familiar with "Absolute MSM", it appears from their photo to be the same Lignisul MSM that we sell. So based on that, I would say that you started at a fairly high amount. If you feel achy in the next day or two, you will probably want to drop to half of what you are taking or maybe even a quarter and then gradually work back up to the higher amounts. You can work up quite high to six or eight teaspoons per day, but take your time working up to that amount. I hope you find the relief you are seeking.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Odar1330 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. If I do not feel achy etc in the next day or two, how soon can I up the dose? Or should I just wait and see if the dose I am on now will alleviate the shoulder pain. Probably what I am asking is - how long before I see benefits of MSM ... especially in pain management and energy levels?
Odar1330

Postby pcnetwrx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 pm

We usually advise raising the amount just once per week, but if you want to fast-track it, you can do it every 3 or 4 days once you know that you are still feeling ok and not achy or headachy.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Odar1330 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Can I ask what the maximum to take would be? and how much is 1 tspn equal to msm grams??? a bit confused with how much I should be taking for optimum health.

Thanks.
Odar1330

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:49 am

Most people max out at between 8 and 10 teaspoons per day. Just pay attention to what your body is telling you and balance how you feel and your energy level with how well you sleep at night because at the higher amounts of MSM, the amount of sleep will most likely go down. A level measured teaspoon is about 4000 mg. You may want to view our FAQ page at:

www.msm-msm.com/faq.html
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use