MSM & help of how to use

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

MSM & help of how to use

Postby megg » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

:P Hi Everyone..My name is Megg and I'm new to this forum. I just recently started taking MSM last week taking like 3 capfulls a day. I have no idea if this is right for me. the reason for me taking MSM is I heard it will greatly improve my severe COPD. I need to know the right dosage to take. The MSM I am taking is liquid form which I Prefer. IT is pure MSM Liquid Has anyone else heard of it doing wonders for COPD? I am at wits end here. I know there are no miracle drugs out there but surely something has to at least help. I was starting DMSO the sister to MSM but my son couldn't stand the smell that it left on me on on my breath lol. I like to smile and make light of what my condition is or I will sink in a hole...Any one out here that writes on here at all? God Bless and good luck in what you are after:)

Megg
megg

Re: MSM & help of how to use

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Megg,

I hope we can help, at least somewhat. Liquid MSM is water with MSM dissolved into it, usually at a strength of about 15%, so it really isn't pure MSM and three capfull's would not be giving you much MSM. You would need to work up to at least 4000 mg of MSM a day to see much benefit at all, especially when dealing with a more serious condition like yours is. I would actually recommend our normal use recommendation for you to start with:

We always recommend starting at a low level of between 500 and 1000 mg (eighth to a quarter teaspoon) per day. Stay at that level for about a week and then add another 500 to 1000 mg per day and stay at that level for a week. Many will want to continue in the same way for several weeks never adding more than 2000 mg (half teaspoon) at one time, until you are taking between 6 and 8 teaspoons per day. This high level makes up for the years of deficiency that your body has experienced. Then reduce the amount to a maintenance level for whatever works for you. This is a balance between addressing what you want to address and being able to sleep as well as you would like at night. For most people the maintenance level is between 1 and 2 teaspoons (4000 to 8000 mg) per day. Always drink LOTS of water when starting on MSM or when increasing the amount you are taking.

Note that the above instructions are for the solid forms of MSM. You will need to mix it accordingly if you would like it dissolved in water so that you are getting that much actual MSM. Also, note that if you buy the liquid MSM, you are paying for the water and for the water weight in the shipping. You can easily mix it yourself and save yourself quite a bit of money.

I hope at least some of that is helpful to you.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby megg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm

OK so what you are saying is I should purchase the powder? Im not to good at math and I need a break down of daily dose and how much to take and when and how often if you dont mind. I would appreciate the hep. I have the MSM pure liquid so are you saying its no good? I have been taking one capful with water 3 times a day. .I can purchase the powder thats not a problem. I Just need to know what to buy. Then I Need help with exactly how much to take and how many times a day for how long. I have to be real careful ..I only weigh 81 lbs so I Have to do it slow. WHen does one see an improvement in the lungs do yo kow? you guys are great in answering. I didnt expect anyone to answer me right away. Thak yo so much doe your patience and help. I want to be able to at least gain some of my lng function back after all the yrs of smoking. I quit smoking in 2008 so gradally hoping to have some of my life back to do little things again.
THese mg's and such confuse me so I need it broken down in Tsps or TBS.. etc. and do I buy powder and how often etc....can someone help with this? thanks ) God Bless ...<3 Megg
megg

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm

As I mentioned in the dosage info above, a quarter teaspoon is 1000 mg of MSM. I have no idea how much you are taking now because I don't know how big a capful is nor do I know what concentration of MSM is in your product. But I would still suggest you start as we always suggest, with an eighth of a teaspoon of MSM powder or granular once per day in the morning with a full meal. Then after a week double that to an eighth in the morning and an eighth in the afternoon. Then after a week double that to a quarter teaspoon in the morning and a quarter teaspoon in the afternoon, always with a full meal. Keep adding a quarter teaspoon to your daily amount each week until you are taking around 4 teaspoons per day. One pound of powder or granular is just over 100 teaspoons so you can see that it will last you a while until you build up to higher amounts per day.

If you find you start to have trouble sleeping at night, it is ok to take the entire amount in the morning.

And I am not saying that your liquid MSM isn't any good--I am saying that it has to be mostly water to keep the MSM dissolved so you are paying mostly for water. By mixing it yourself, you will know how much actual MSM you are taking and you will need to take quite a bit to address a fairly serious problem like you have. And it will take months to see results, but six months down the road I would think you would be seeing a fairly noticeable difference if it is going to help you at all.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby megg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

OK I will buy some powder and start over. Would u suggest powder or granular? Why would it have any affect on sleep? Is there some side affects? and why with a full meal?? Just curious :) you all have been more helpful than alot of forums I have been on. keep up the good work..:) Once I get my stuff ordered and have it then I will start taking it. I am going to continue on taking what I DO have until I can mix my own because I still have the stuff in m y system and dont want to stop now.. make sence? I will keep and eye out on te forum fr more info if there is any and let you know when I get my stuff. YOu have been a great help to me ..thank you
megg

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

I think either form, powder or granular, would be fine. The powder dissolves a bit easier but some customers say that the granular is better because it is processed less. When I started on MSM 16 years ago, I used the powder. Yes, keep taking what you have until you get the new in.

MSM often gives you more energy, especially at first and at higher amounts. This often reduces the amount of sleep you need. When I was at my highest amount, I only needed between 4 and 5 hours of sleep a night--I got a lot done during that time period. I was never tired or groggy during that time. But some people say that they find it hard to get to sleep at all at the higher amounts, so in that case take it as early in the day as possible.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby megg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 pm

ok thanks I dont sleep well to begin with maybe 3 or 4 hrs...I need more energy lol...thanks for the info. Ordering the stuff this week. I will let yu knw when I get it.. Again thanks for your time and patience
megg

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use