MSM & Vitamin C

Topics dealing with how to use MSM in its different forms

MSM & Vitamin C

Postby jb43 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I tried the MSM crystals and already feel a benefit - I added ascorbic acid (vitamin C), using about 1/8 tsp to each 1/8 tsp of MSM (remember, I'm a beginner). Question; should I be using Ester-C instead and is it OK to dissolve both in water (about 8 oz)? What's the difference between ascorbic acid & Ester-C - please advise!
jb43

Re: MSM & Vitamin C

Postby pcnetwrx » Sun May 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Ester-C and calcium ascorbate are both non-acidic forms of vitamin C. You should use one of those if you are dealing with too much acidity already like an acid stomach, heartburn, or reflux issues. Otherwise, it is fine to use the less expensive ascorbic acid. We recommend a 1 to 4 ratio of vitamin c to MSM, so if you are taking a teaspoon of MSM per day, you should only need a quarter teaspoon of vitamin C.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby jb43 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the advice.....on a related subject, I've been on 1/8 tsp/day for a week, is it time to move on? What increment of increase should I use and what would you advise (I have cervical/lumbar pain), as my ultimate goal?
jb43

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 am

Yes, I would recommend moving on to a quarter teaspoon a day for a week, and then to a half teaspoon a day for a week. Gradually work up that way until you are up to at least 1 to 2 teaspoons a day. Some people (like myself) work up to much higher amounts around 8 teaspoons per day and then drop back down to around the 1 to 2 teaspoon level.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to MSM Uses - How to Use