MSM and Parkinsons Disease

Report your personal experiences with MSM whether good or bad

MSM and Parkinsons Disease

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon May 26, 2008 5:54 am

This was sent to me by one of our customers along with permission to post it here:

Attention Kerry Gibbons

From Richard Janzen

Since the late 1980`s when I was in my late 30`s I have had recurring lower back pain. It got so severe in 1999-2000 that I was off work for nearly a year, went through all the xrays, CT, rehab.

The xrays and other tests didn`t reveal any physical reason for the pain. No pinched nerves, no bone spurs etc. 2 months of rehab did very little to nothing to relieve the pain.

A friend, a retired nurse and a massage therapist all suggested I try MSM. At the time I could barely walk. I was bent over, took little baby steps, looked like a 90 year old. I started taking MSM . I took three 1000 mg. tablets the first day, breakfast, dinner and supper and at breakfast the next morning. That morning I walked upright for the first time in nearly a year. That was the summer of 2000

I have been taking MSM ever since. In the fall of 2006 I was told by a neurologist that he strongly suspected I had PD. since then another neurologist has confirmed that diagnosis.

In December 2007 I began to wonder if MSM was really helping, as I was having some painful days etc. or worse yet had it caused PD. So I stopped taking MSM. This past Monday May 19 I had a major relapse of back pain. Right back to 1999, 2000. Tuesday May 20 I decided I had nothing to lose and began taking MSM. I swear that I was starting to feel better Tuesday evening after my third 1000 mg dose. This is Thursday morning May 22, 2008 and I KNOW I am feeling much better.

So I would encourage someone to investigate what affect MSM has in early PD.

Another question that has been on my mind ever since that first suspicion in 2006 is was my earlier back pain, caused in my opinion largely by stiff muscles, the first evidence of PD. I would appreciate any comments on this.

Thank You for your help.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to MSM Personal Experiences