OPTI-MSM vs. Lignisul

Report your personal experiences with MSM whether good or bad

OPTI-MSM vs. Lignisul

Postby MrEd » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:50 am

I started using lignisul for pain in my knees on the advice of my brother in law. I used 2 caps a day and after a couple of weeks the pain was mostly gone. When my bottle of 250 caps ran out I reordered and tried OPTI-MSM. It does not seem to work as well. I am now up to 3 caps a day and not having the good results I had with Lignisul. I did not buy the OPTI on this web site, I got it somewhere else. Seems like the same stuff.

Has anyone else had this experience?? I just got a new bottle of Lignisul from here and am going to try to switch back and see if there is something that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Mr. Ed
Wilburrrrrrrrrrr........................ :lol:
MrEd

Postby pcnetwrx » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:42 pm

Try this: take one of your Opti caps that you didn't buy from here and empty the contents into a glass of water. Does it all dissolve or does it all float on top no matter what you do to try to stir it in? Almost all other capsules have additives put in that make the contents very difficult to dissolve. That could be one reason you are not seeing the results you saw before.

But that being said, we have almost as many people that say they switched from Lignisul to Opti and saw less effect, as we have people that say they switched from Opti to Lignisul and saw less effect. So it's puzzling why one brand seems to work for some people, and the other seems to work for others.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:13 pm

I only use the pure powder or crystal forms of Opti and Lignisul that I get from Kerry so I can only speak to that but I haven't noticed any difference at all in either brand or form.

I'm surprised you got relief from such a small dose. That would be a normal human dose but for a horse of your size you should be taking more I would think. You must be pushing 1200 lbs. by now Ed.
I would call your vet to see what he recommends.

Welcome to the board BTW.
Last edited by Greg on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Tried dissolving

Postby MrEd » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:59 pm

I tried dissolving both the opti and the lignisul. they seemed about equal with some clumps on the bottom that were harder to dissolve, but nothing really floating. I am going to try the lignusil and see if it seems to be any different.

And thanks Greg for pointing out my weight problem. My reruns are not doing so well right now so pizza is a real comfort food for me. I used to be only 925 lbs in my TV days!!!

Mr. Ed :D
MrEd

Return to MSM Personal Experiences