What's the latest on the Codex ...?

How Codex and other supplement regulation laws may impact the availability of supplements

What's the latest on the Codex ...?

Postby Greg » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 pm

I talked to an "alternative" type doctor and he didn't seem to think this had a chance at all of being implemented in America but I never trust the big money drug companies and our for themselves representatives.
Does anyone have any inside info on this...?
Greg

Postby pcnetwrx » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:35 pm

The latest is that
The Alliance for Natural Health has submitted its interpretation of the ECJ ruling based on the Opinion of its lead Counsel, Paul Lasok QC, to the UK Secretary of State, Patricia Hewitt, and to the EU Directorate-General for Health and Consumer Protection (Basil Mathioudakis). We await their responses and hope to be able to report back to you next month on outcomes.

Based on the key gains from the ECJ ruling that the ANH has maintained since the ruling on 12 July, we have also submitted our recommended guidelines with regard to the procedure for gaining admission to the Positive List (specifically to Annex I and Annex II of the Directive). Dr Robert Verkerk (ANH Executive and Scientific Director) and Dr Damien Downing (ANH Medical Director) have also proposed a new classification system for vitamin and mineral food supplement ingredients, which we believe will assist interpretation of the ruling particularly in regard to the exclusion of particular natural sources of vitamins and minerals from the Directive, as confirmed by the European Court.

Here in the US, the best source for information is http://www.nationalhealthfreedom.org/ especially at their regulation_of_products.html page. I also found a very good tracking web site to track all bills that are in process at http://www.govtrack.us/ where you can tag the subjects you want to track (like supplements) and even track your specific senators and representative.

My understanding is that the next Codex meeting is later this month.

Kerry
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:03 pm

Thanks Kerry....I'll check the links.
Greg

Return to Codex and Other Regulations