shelf life of MSM & dental extraction

Discuss MSM and its benefits or problems

shelf life of MSM & dental extraction

Postby sunella » Sun May 24, 2009 7:06 am

I have recently had an infected wisdom tooth extracted & 3 dental implants put in. I have MSM which has expired 1/09. Is it safe to take? and will it excellerate the healing process?
and in the end, the love you take, is equal to to the Love you make....the Beatles
sunella

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 am

MSM has a shelf life of 5 years according to manufacturers, but when encapsulated or bottled, often they reduce that to a 2-year shelf life since most supplements fall into that category. So the short answer is that your MSM is most likely still fully effective. It would certainly be safe to take unless there are other ingredients mixed with it that may break down faster than MSM does.

In general MSM does promote faster healing and less scarring.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby sunella » Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 am

Thank you. The MSM was purchased at your site, encapsulated - Lignosol. I also have purchased a few pounds of the same in powder form for my mother who I used it to heal her incredible bed sore through a feeding tube. It worked remarkably and healed it, though she couldn't move, within months. So your saying the powder form has a longer life span?
and in the end, the love you take, is equal to to the Love you make....the Beatles
sunella

Postby pcnetwrx » Mon May 25, 2009 9:14 am

I'm not really saying the powder has a longer life--the capsules should last just as long. But the encapsulator stamps the shorter date on the bottles. I don't know if they have some other thing besides the manufacturer specs to adhere to or not. But the MSM within the capsules has a 5-year life. I know the shorter date causes confusion but your MSM should still be fully effective.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Return to MSM Forum