The New Website/ Message Boards look Great!

Discuss MSM and its benefits or problems

The New Website/ Message Boards look Great!

Postby Grant » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:46 am

What an excellent overhaul! Im very impressed, and couldnt be happier with the transition that this board and website has made. I can definitely see people coming back here, and the community growing!

Seriously, nice job Kerry! 8)
Grant

I second that!!!!

Postby rog » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:36 am

Great job on the new message board!!!
rog

Thanks!

Postby pcnetwrx » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:12 am

Thank you both for your encouragement and comments. I hope that people will feel free to join the board, which only takes a minute or so. Right now it seems that the number of posts from people just dropping by has gone down by quite a bit. I would really like for people to feel comfortable to sign up.
pcnetwrx
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:39 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the new board catching on. There may be explanations for the statistics.
The other board was more a Q&A type board whereas a phpbb is a community oriented board where people will be responding to other posters and not just asking you a question.
That's how I see it.
I operate a phpbb myself and it is just a matter of people catching on and realizing how easy it is and that it's not a spam machine .
Pretty soon you will have more action than you can handle and will need to appoint moderators to help out.
Keep a positive outlook.
Good luck.
Greg

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:00 pm

Just a thought...
When you go to your home page here...
http://msm-msm.com/

and you are running at 800x600 resolution.... the big link to the message board on top is not visible. The whole page is visible except that link.
If you could move that over to the left it may get more traffic to the board.
There are two other links to the board on that same page but one is kind of hidden down there under the free shipping notice and the other is down at the bottom. Neither of those links are obvous so it's easy for someone coming to the site for the first time.... and using 800x600.... to not know that we have a board here.
I would move it over to the "about us" area.
Just a thought...
Greg

Navigation

Postby Micah » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:46 pm

The site looks good. :D A link to the shopping cart would be nice in the navigation. I noticed that I had to pull up a list of items to get a link back to the cart. The board also looks good nice choice. :)
Micah
Micah

Return to MSM Forum